Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Elijah's 6 month check up

     Today Elijah had his 6 month check up. He's a little late getting to it, he'll be 7 months old on Friday. He was 18 lbs 3 oz and 28 1/4 in long. The doctor said he is looking great! He said I need to start giving him table food so he can practice with new textures and practice feeding himself. I'm excited to start trying all that with him, but a little sad that he's growing up. He has started crawling over the past week. Well the way he does it, the doctor calls is creeping lol, but needless to say, he is getting into EVERYTHING! I had to get his playpen back from my parents so he wouldn't get into anything if I couldn't watch him. He has also started to sit by himself. It amazes me how fast he is growing!
    So I started working part time at the daycare up the road from our house. Josh wasn't too thrilled about me working, but I mainly wanted to so I could have some extra spending money for Elijah :). Eli goes with me and he seems to do really well. He has a little friend there, Ben. I think it's good for him to have a little social interaction besides Mommy all the time lol. I usually watch the after-schoolers and they don't need much, so it's pretty much 4 hours of sitting outside talking to the other girl I work with lol.
     Well just wanted to give a little update on Eli and our lives :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww....Eli is Growing up so fast! I know it seems sad that he is growing up like that, I know because I have a lot of nieces, two nephews, and another niece/nephew on the way! Thanks for posting!

    ~Mylena

    ReplyDelete